Free Golf Tips every day of the week. Enjoy golf more by developing a better swing. Follow these proven golf tips and start enjoying golf more!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Getting Behind The Putt

Dear Seth,

The No B.S. Golf Newsletter

Welcome Everyone

If you wish to unsubscribe from this newsletter or change your
email address, there is a link at the bottom of this email.

=================================================
"One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward
growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be
overcome again and again."
Abraham Maslow 1908-1970,
Psychologist


=================================================

I would like to thank Mr Joe DeLorenzo for taking the
Time to answer these questions for us!

Joe is available for private lessons in the Chicago area.
If you are interested, let me know.

Joe is a very good instructor and does an excellent job, so if you
Are having a problem, send it to me and he will answer your
questions.

Joe,
You say to experiment by having contests with your
regular stroke against another type of stroke. Won't
this mess up your regular stroke if you are trying to
make it more consistent?
Mitch

Hi Mitch,
Unless you have the work ethic of Vijay Singh, who
spends all day every day keeping his stroke grooved, I
believe it is a false hope for most of us to think our
swings will stay consistently grooved if we try to
swing only one way all the time. Many golfers also
play softball or tennis or other sports, so you have
to believe these things will have some effect on your
golf swing, more so than simply trying some
variations. There are other activities that cause your
muscles to change on a daily basis (like lifting
weights or helping someone move heavy furniture), so
it seems logical to me that your swings are always
going to change a bit whether you realize it or not. I
will even go so far as to say that anyone who refuses
to participate in any other activities for fear of
losing their golf swing is playing with a house of
cards, which means the house will come tumbling down
unless you do nothing but golf. It might sound like
heresy to say the following, but there is more to life
than golf (don't hit me for saying that, Vijay).
Besides, if a person never wants to try variations,
what will that person do when a slump arrives? We all
get slumps. Believe it. Deal with it. Feel the joy of
overcoming it. Find a swing that allows simple
corrections when your muscles change slightly, as they
always will, whether you like it or not.
Joe


Joe,
I like my long irons but people keep telling me
hybrids are better. I do have occasional bad shots
with my long irons but I figure the same thing would
happen with a hybrid. Do you agree?
Lem

Hi Lem,
I suspect your bad shots with a hybrid will be better
bad shots than those with your long irons because
there is more mass behind the ball with a hybrid. If
you look closely at all your irons you will notice
that the mass gets smaller and smaller as the number
of the irons gets lower, making the sweet spot smaller
as well. Hybrids have a much larger sweet spot so your
off center hits should still produce decent results,
while an off center hit on a long iron usually loses
too much distance.
Joe


The Evil Twin's Purist Corner - Point and
Counter-Point:
Purist Point - Prayers are not allowed on golf
courses. If you call on God to improve the results of
a shot while it is still in motion, you are using an
Outside Agency and subject to appropriate penalties
under the rules of golf.
Counter-Point - So penalize me. Let us pray. May thy
ball lie in green pastures and not in still waters.
Amen.

===================================================

Richards Quick Tip:
Getting Behind the Putt

Putting styles vary from player to player. There's no
reason why they shouldn't, for putting is a personal thing.
In my own case, about a year and a half ago after a stretch
of in-and-out work on the green, I adopted a slight change
in my usual method of putting which did me a world of good.
I altered my stance so that my body and arms were more
behind the ball.

Getting more behind the putt enabled me to be much surer
about many of the elements that make or break you on the
green. It gave me a better line to the hole. It was much
easier on my timing. I could hit the ball more
solidly--right below the equator. To sum it up, this new
position produced the picture in my mind that I could roll
the ball smoothly and accurately toward the target, not
unlike the way a good bowler, does in bowling.

When a player talks about rolling the ball toward the cup,
I realize he is going against the present-day fashion,
which would have you rap the ball with a sharp, jabby hit.
I don't think these pop strokes and bop strokes are here to
stay. The game's top players could always stroke their
putts, and that's the soundest method in the long run, I
believe. In any event, getting behind the putt is easy for
anyone to adapt to, and it has produced such good results
for me that I recommend it to all golfers who are not
natural tappers. You see that hole so much better.

Received an email yesterday for my good friend Bill
Lloyd, correcting me on a mistake in yesterdays tip.
Bill is exactly right, and I should have know better.
"The key is to stroke the ball, not hit it or hit at it. Bill"
Please take heed to Bill's words!!

=============================================

Do you want to improve your game?

Driver...Putter...Wedge

This DVD is packed with the most critical
information that you need to use those most
important clubs the way that they were supposed
to be used. In fact, if you were to put all of
this info into lessons, you'd be surprised t! o
k now that there's over 30 individual lessons
included in this one, single DVD.

One thing that it doesn't have is specialized
drills and detailed explanations of the
mechanics. For that, you'll have to get some of
our other DVDs. If you're ready for "just the
facts," this DVD is made for you ...

http://www.thinkandreachpar.com/3golfclubs.php

Until next time...good golfing!

Richard C Myers

http://www.thinkandreachpar.com/
http://www.golfforleftys.com/
http://www.totalgolfdvd.com/
http://www.ourdreamrv.com/

Telephone 864.675.0038
New South Media, LLC
45 Doverdale Rd.
Greenville SC 29615
United States

This email is protected by copyright, 2007, New South
Media, LLC Reproduction of any portion of this email is
strictly prohibited without the express written consent of
Richard Myers

New South Media LLC

45 Doverdale
Greenville, SC
29615
US


If you no longer wish to receive communication from us:
http://autocontactor.com/app/r.asp?ID=1024875956&ARID=0&D=

To update your contact information:
http://autocontactor.com/app/r.asp?c=1&ID=1024875956&D=

No comments:

Blog Archive