Free Golf Tips every day of the week. Enjoy golf more by developing a better swing. Follow these proven golf tips and start enjoying golf more!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Start Swing With Left Elbow

Dear Seth,

The No B.S. Golf Newsletter

Welcome Everyone

If you wish to unsubscribe from this newsletter or change your
email address, there is a link at the bottom of this email.

=================================================

I would like to thank Mr Joe DeLorenzo for taking the
Time to answer these questions for us!

Joe is available for private lessons in the Chicago area.
If you are interested, let me know.

Joe is a very good instructor and does an excellent job, so if you
Are having a problem, send it to me and he will answer your
questions
A Bit of Golf Trivia
Two courses in Florida claim they were the location
for the filming of the movie classic "Caddyshack".
Which one is correct, Grande Oaks or Rolling Hills?
(answer is below)


Joe,
I'm stumped, tried everything I could think off and I
know this is really important. No matter what I do, my
hands separate on the backswing (usually about 1/3 to
1/2 through). The heel of my back hand will pull off
the club with up to a 1 inch gap. I feel like I can't
swing my arms as a single, unified unit (with triangle
formed by arms and shoulders. I usually can't get my
wrists to break where the club is pointing over my
back shoulder. I actually do the best with my driver,
as the hands separate the least with this club.
Thanks,
Larry

Hi Larry,
I would have to view your swing in person to know for
sure what is going on, because there are several
possibilities. First of all I would take a look at
your grip. Do you use interlock, overlap, or ten
finger? You might want to experiment with all 3 types,
chances are you might find one that works better for
you. If that is not the case, you may have a flying
back elbow on your backswing, which would explain your
descriptions. Try to keep your elbows closer together
during the backswing. At the top, your back elbow
should be pointing down at the ground. Try these
things and let us know how it turns out.
Joe


Joe,
I am seeking a way to improve my putting touch. I
always feel like I am only batting the ball without
much sense of control. I have read all the magazines,
and tried different types of strokes and grips, with
mixed results. When I put my index finger down the
shaft, it feels better, but my results are not much
better. There has to be a better way. Do you have any
ideas on how to get a better feeling of putting touch?
Jim

Hi Jim,
Some people have this come naturally to them and
others must work at it. For many years I also have had
the same problem as you described. Here is what I have
done about it, and it seems to work for me, but there
is no guarantee this will work for everyone, because
putting is such an individual thing. Anyway, in
thinking about where my sense of touch is keenest, I
came to the conclusion that this area is the pad of my
index finger. You are almost on the right track by
putting your index finger down the shaft, but now in
addition I want you to take the next step which is to
raise the knuckle of your index finger just a little
bit. This will force the pad of the index finger to be
more on the shaft, not the entire finger. Now
concentrate on feeling your nerve endings in the pad
of your index finger touching the shaft, and mentally
use those nerve endings to make the stroke. For me
this feels really good, especially combining this with
the reverse overlap grip. Hopefully it will work for
you as well. Good luck.
Joe


Question for the Evil Twin:
Jody, what bothers you the most about purists who
believe all the rules of golf are good rules?
Answer: What really scares me is that they can vote
and they can breed.


Answer to the above Trivia Question: Both answers are
correct. Rolling Hills changed its name to Grande Oaks
in Fort Lauderdale in 1999.


=============================================

Seniors Advantage

Once upon a time...you were considered a "big hitter." But
now - you have trouble just getting the ball past the 150
marker on par 4's

Once upon a time...you could hit practically every green in
regulation. But now - you have to scramble just to make par
- or worse - BOGEY.

Once upon a time...you were a "contender" for the club
championship. But now...you're just one of the "dinosaurs"
of the club

Once upon a time...you were the up-and-coming hot shot at
the club...one that everyone wanted to play with. But now -
you're just some duffer that everybody wants to play
through on the long holes.

Or Even Worse...you were never that good to begin with, and
you're tired of all the instruction out there that's for
young golfers only...and...you want to finally be the best
that you can be.

Click here now:(or copy and paste in your browser)
http://www.thinkandreachpar.com/bodygolf_seniors_adv.php


==============================================

Richard's Quick Tip

Start Your Swing With Left Elbow

A bigger arc
usually produces greater distance. But you don't
necessarily have to take the club back farther to
get a bigger arc. If you lengthen the radius of
your swing-the distance from your left shoulder
to the clubhead-you will increase the size of
your arc.

Try starting the swing with your left elbow.
Concentrate on pushing the club back with your
left elbow, keeping the clubhead low to the
ground at the start. The result should be a
bigger arc and more distance

============================================
"You are never given a wish without also being
given the power to make it come true."
RichardBach
Writer

=============================================


Until next time...good golfing!

Richard C Myers

http://www.thinkandreachpar.com/
http://www.golfforleftys.com/
http://www.totalgolfdvd.com/
http://www.ourdreamrv.com/

Telephone 864.675.0038
New South Media, LLC
45 Doverdale Rd.
Greenville SC 29615
United States

This email is protected by copyright, 2008, New South
Media, LLC Reproduction of any portion of this email is
strictly prohibited without the express written consent of
Richard Myers

New South Media LLC

45 Doverdale
Greenville, SC
29615
US


If you no longer wish to receive communication from us:
http://autocontactor.com/app/r.asp?ID=1024875956&ARID=0&D=

To update your contact information:
http://autocontactor.com/app/r.asp?c=1&ID=1024875956&D=

No comments:

Blog Archive